Friday 3 February 2017

I am Possible with Akiya Piercy


Akiya is a 13 year old model/actress who loves to inspire kids that Dreams do Come True. She is an A student at Cowan Road Middle where she is the Captain of the Cheer Squad and Honor Band. She is a Future Debutante where she serves the community in ringing the bell for the Salvation Army to collect money for kids in need Christmas, she donates canned goods to the Five Loaves Shelter to help feed the Homeless. She also was the key note speaker at Tuskegee University for the Youth Expo where she spoke to youths of all ages to build self esteem, excel in school, and always go after your dreams. Being an Ambassador for SuperGirlzLand Foundation is very dear to her heart because she encourages the stop the bullying, build your self esteem, reach beyond the stars, and always remember Beauty is within...

How did your mom's battle with cancer affect you and what advice would you give other young people who are in similar situations?
My mom is my inspiration. When she was going through the pains it seemed like I was going through pains. I couldn't function because I thought I was gonna lose her. I stopped everything from dancing to playing sick everyday so I can come home to with her. I finally went through counselling to help me understand the battle mom was going through with breast cancer. After she became cancer free I told my brother that I wanted to model and act and being an all A student in school they made it happen for me to pursue my dreams. When facing the uncertain you have to trust God.. I prayed and remained Humble and my mom is a 4 year breast cancer survivor.

What inspires you? 
My mom... She's a fighter... She instilled in me to go after my dreams, work hard in the class room, community, and the entertainment world, stay humble, and always Trust God.

What are your dreams for the future? 
My dreams are to graduate with honors, attend and graduate from Spellman College, become a traveling nurse, and runway model for Chanel, Dior, and Victoria Secret. 

Who is your role model and why? 
Tyra Banks is my role model. She show's us how to have poise, grace, and style. She is a go getter.

Please finish this sentence: I am possible because…. 
I am me.. I am a child of God.

Why do you like Isossy Children and how does it make you feel when you wear Isossy Children clothes (if you have worn them)? 
I love Isossy Children because they inspire.. I love the pink they always post.

What words of wisdom do you think every child should grow up knowing? 
Always reach beyond the moon.. Dreams do come true.. Hard work pays off.

Contact Details
Facebook: Alexia Henley Piercy ( Momager of Akiya Piercy)
INSTAGRAM @akiyapiercy


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment