Friday 25 August 2017

I am Possible with Lily Finlay

Hi, I’m Lily. I’m 18 and a songwriter from Leeds. I’ve been writing since I was 12 and am soon going to perform at The Big Feastival in Oxford. My dream is to record and release my music and inspire others to follow their dreams.

I am possible.



What inspires you?
All my songs and lyrics are inspired by my personal experiences and my life. There’s a thrill in letting myself be vulnerable in my lyrics and often because people can relate to my songs, it is so rewarding to write honestly like that. People shouldn’t be afraid to be their most authentic self and explore themselves artistically.

What are your dreams for the future?
I hope to be recording and releasing my music soon and hopefully playing more live shows. As long as people are enjoying my music and I’m still getting the buzz from writing and performing, I can’t see a reason to stop what I’m doing. Songwriting is my absolute passion and I can’t see myself getting bored of it any time soon.

What does 'courage' mean to you?
To me, courage means being yourself! There’s something brave in being true to yourself and daring to dream, despite what others might think about it. A lot of people told me that I was silly for pursuing songwriting, and if I had listened I wouldn’t be getting the success I am now.

What advice would you give other people your age about pursuing their dreams?
Don’t stop fighting for what you love and what you believe in. There were times where I thought I wouldn’t succeed or progress, but you never know until you try!

Who is your role model and why?
Taylor Swift was the main reason I started playing guitar. She always writes so honestly and from the heart, and has remained true to herself and her beliefs throughout her success. Many record companies turned her away when she was trying to promote her music but she never gave up  because she believed she was capable of becoming a successful songwriter. Her passion and her courage is what inspires me and many other young people.

Please finish this sentence: I am possible because….
I fight for what I believe in.

Why do you like Isossy Children and how does it make you feel when you wear Isossy Children clothes (if you have worn them)?

Isossy Children’s clothing is definitely for kids who dare to be different! The originality and quirkiness is something you don’t find many other places.

What words of wisdom do you think every child should grow up knowing?

“No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind” – Taylor Swift

Contact Details (Twitter, blog, Facebook - Please include links)

Twitter - @LilyFinlay7
Instagram - @Lilyfin98

Youtube – Here’s a link to her new song ‘Salt’ on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQIKbKnmJe4&index=1&list=PLJbYc99AiYw7e2HTfxLBrHUOPiosBnbi4

Share

1 comment: