Thursday 14 March 2013

Our New York Press and Bloggers Day was the best


The day before the event it snowed. Need I say more. It was cold and I really didn't want to leave the house to set things up, but these things had to get done.
Afterall, we put so much effort into promoting it in the social media, it was destined to be a success even if only one person arrived. We wanted to make it very special for our new friends.

On the day of the event, all the snow was gone. It was a crazy bright and sunny day.
The day was really special for us (me and my sister) because everyone we met had a story to tell about their experience of Isossy Children.

One blogger told me that she'd been pinning lots of our images, but never knew who the label was. That's taught me to ensure all my images are branded. I need help arggggh, but seriously, it's a really important lesson.

Another blogger, had the most adorable little boy, Micheal, and we ended up doing an impromptu shoot with him in the Omo jacket and a fabulous bow-tie his mother/blogger designed and made. She just happened to be a costumier in a previous incarnation. How fabulous is that?

I also managed to make a bloggers Nylon connection for live coverage of the up and coming Global Kids Fashion Week, which we are in btw.

One of the bloggers ended up taking some amazing pictures of me, which I'll be able to use for my headshots. This is a story for another time, but RSL management will be happy

To cut a long story short, it was just an amazing people orientated day. People spent time with us and we really did 'Meet and Greet' them.

People are amazing.
Amanda
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment