Friday 26 May 2017

I Am Possible with Madison Harrison

As a 10-year-old photographer, entrepreneur, storyteller, actor and philanthropist Madison Harrison has learned how to bring some of her biggest dreams to life. While most three year olds might choose to smash cake at their birthday party, Madison picked up her camera for the very first time and hasn't put it down since. Just a few months shy of her seventh birthday, Madison was inspired to start her very own photography business. Since launching Photos With Madison she has been behind the lens for three weddings and various fashion runway events, but the main thing that fuels her passion is creating and capturing memories for children. In June 2016, one of Madison's ultimate dreams came true when she was invited to attend the United State of Women summit hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey.  The invitation and the White House Press Pool Media Credentials opened the door for her to take her dream photo of the President of the United States.


What inspires you?
The kids that I work with really inspire me. I love when I take their picture and they feel pretty and they see what I see in them, what God sees in them, their beauty.  It’s an amazing feeling.   When I share my story with others, I am inspired to continuing doing what I do when I see how it empowers them.

What are your dreams for the future?
Well three of my dreams for the future are: I would like to go to Paris and photograph the city and the children. I would like to photograph celebrities on the red carpet at the Oscars and I would like to own my own photography studio.

Who is your role model and why?
My role model is my mommy. I started my business because my mommy started her business. My mommy makes things happen. She gives me the freedom to dream and to be.

Please finish this sentence: I am possible...
I am possible because God gave me life and my parents believe in me.

Why do you like Isossy Children and how does it make you feel when you wear Isossy Children clothes (if you have worn them)?
Isossy allows kids to feel free to express themselves. Isossy is unique and daring. You have to be a special kind of kid to rock Isossy.

Have you got any tips on becoming a kid entrepeneur? 
I started my photography business when I was 7 years old. I actually wrote an article about becoming a Kidpreneuer [a kid who is an entrepreneuer]. The article was published in my local newspaper, Huffington Post and on Ariana Huffington’s new platform, Thrive Global where I am a contributing writer.  Here is the link: https://medium.com/p/affad1f16c0f/edit

What words of wisdom do you think every child should grow up knowing?
I think every child should grow up knowing that they can do anything or be anything and that they don’t have to wait until they are an adult to make a difference in their community.

Contact Details:
Instagram: @photoswithmadison 
Facebook: @photoswithmadison 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment