Friday 15 February 2013

Isossy Children Profiles iTaggy



This week Isossy Children meets Clare Argent, The Mumpreneur behind the adorable iTaggy Brand - unqique handmade baby comforters and blankets.

What inspired you to start your business?
My children were my initial inspiration.  I started making items for them.  My partner David was the driving force behind me starting a business, he suggested it over a glass of wine on a New Year’s eve and we started working on it that night.



What have been your favourite client experiences?
A lot of my business is mail order, so it is not often I get to meet a client, but when I do it is so lovely, especially seeing Children so in love with one of my items, it brings such joy!  I recently had a Mum contact me in despair, they had lost her daughters iTaggy comforter on holiday; she took it everywhere and never went to bed without her snug.  We set to making an identical one immediately and dispatched it the same day, now they can all get some sleep!  

What advice would you give to someone starting up in your industry?
You need to love what you do, believe in your product or service and believe in yourself.  Ensure that you have a unique selling point, or you won’t stand out from the crowd!  Most important of all, is ensuring that you preform and keep the customer happy and updated at all times.



What are your long term goals?
To continue making and to develop new products and designs, I am happy to go wherever the iTaggy journey takes me.

Isossy Children celebrates diversity through global clothing for children. Why do you think diversity matters for every generation?
This is so important, new generations need to be educated in understanding diverse cultures, religions, disabilities, the list is endless,  to ensure that we grow to respect one another for who and what we are and not to judge unfairly or discriminate or to judge at all.#

What words of wisdom do you think every child should grow up knowing?
To live, to love, to laugh and to enjoy.
Smile each day, life is too short not to.

Contact Details 
Clare Argent
@itaggy


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment