Monday 29 September 2014

I AM POSSIBLE...Meet TJ Dobson, The 13 Year Old Chef

The Isossy Children “I Am Possible” Campaign is about the unification of our passion, style and individuality; empowering each and every child to say 'I Am Possible'.TJ started cooking alongside his mother Marilyn from a very young age and he cooks for his family most days. In his own small way TJ has accomplished what Jamie Oliver has been trying to do for several years - engourage school kids to eat a healthy meal.TJ now has recently launched a series of cooking films called “cook with me…”He really signifies the statement "I AM POSSIBLE".



What inspired you to start your business? I wanted young children to know that healthy cooking and eating is the way to go. I also wanted to inspire them to get involved with cooking and just love it because if I can do it they can as well.  Sometimes when an adult says ‘you can do this’ it may not be as genuine as if I say, well, if I can, so can you.

What have been your favourite client experiences?  I’ve had the opportunity to cook for several people and the Christmas I prepared lunch at Sevacare was awesome.  Also, my  ‘cook with me’ films, since they are short and accessible and people can pause the film when they cook along with me.  To know that I’m encouraging one more person to get into the kitchen is gratifying. 

What advice would you give to someone starting up in your industry?  I would tell them to find their passion and what makes them who they are, also work hard and enjoy it.


What are your long term goals? My long term goals are, promoting healthy eating to have a huge Chain of Schools where I can teach children from a young age how to cook and of course a chain of restaurants.  

Isossy Children celebrates diversity through global clothing for children. Why do you think diversity matters for every generation? I believe in equality and equal rights to all across the board because I believe that every person matters, regardless of age.   Diversity matter for all of us.  We’re very different, have different skills, interests and opinions, for example.  With out these, we’d be very similar and that could be rather dull.

What words of wisdom do you think every child should grow up knowing? Some words of wisdom that everyone should grow up knowing is ‘follow your dreams and never give up’!


@tjdobsonchef
                                 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment